“The Infant draws its first Breath – and lives! The Old Man ceases to Breathe – and life ends for him.”
Chapter Seven: Deep Breathing & Exercises / Natural Remedies by Ingrid Sherman 1970
Whenever you find time, go outdoors and look into the SKY for ten to fifteen minutes. On a warm summer’s day lie down on the grass – sun is back of you, so it will not shine into your eyes. Gaze into the sky or sit by a window looking into the sky. Take a few deeps breaths while looking out, make your mind blank. You will find it very relaxing.
For inner peace and harmony say the following: (You can do this sitting or laying down)
- I Draw new life into my system
- I breathe in positive vibrations
- I direct this new life to my brain for purer thoughts
- I direct these pure thoughts into my subconscious mind
- I direct them into each part of my body
- I store them up in my solar plexus
- I breathe in God’s health, God’s strength, God’s courage, and God’s peace
When drawing peace the word God is used to reference higher beings or sources of energy. From Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed to great creation – draw energy and peace. Kolby
Deep Breathing Exercise:
- Inhale with a steady breath through the nose with the mouth closed, then pull in two or three little “sniffs” of air. This will fill the lungs completely.
- Breathe slowly out through the mouth, exhale more and more until your lungs are completely emptied.
- On the last breath out, hold as long as you can before a deep breath in.
- Repeat 3-5 times
- Do in the morning when you arise and in the evening prior to sleep.
Breathing has changed many things for me. From stress management to cognitive functions -it helps.
Kolby is The Healthy Primate