Critically Acclaimed Chef Gio Osso on Mastering Your Craft
This week we feature a candid discussion with critically acclaimed Chef Gio Osso.
His restaurant Virtù Honest Craft has been celebrated as one of the top 20 “Best New Restaurants” in the U.S. by Esquire Magazine immediately upon opening in 2013, as well as nominated by the prestigious James Beard Foundation for “Best New Restaurant” in 2014.
We are live in his restaurant and discuss Gio’s journey of becoming a world class chef.From his days as an athlete, touring musician to operating on 3 hours of sleep while in school and working.
One thing that you catch in our discussion is Gio’s passion to do better. He never settles and continues to strive for being the best he can be and helping others to achieve that same goal.
Topics we discuss:
- The Journey to Rock Star Legend
- Culinary School and the Art of Operating on 3 hours of Sleep
- Experience & Experimenting with Cuisine
- The Business
- Following Your Heart, Execute Your Passions
- Virtu – To Achieve Greatness
- The World Takes Notice
- The Good The Bad The Food Critic
- The Oscars Come Calling – James Beard
- Farm to Table
Chef Gio Osso: