Click the image to listen to the podcast or click HERE
We all have a story. We all have had trials, failures and success of some kind.
I recently had the opportunity to sit down and tell my story on the Risk Without Regret radio show.
There is a reason I share this outside of self promotion. It’s for only one reason really – to show others that we all have to overcome adversity and we are all human. The choice of success and failure is ours and no one else.
You see for over a decade I was ashamed of my younger years and tried to hide them in hopes no one would bring it up.
But guess what? Those stories of my past made me who I am today.
And I am okay with who I am. Shit – I like who I am and where my life is.
But I had to own my past as part of the story and not be ashamed of it.
- I grew up in a divorced home.
- I slept on a mattress on the floor.
- I was a juvenile delinquent who was in and out of the system.
- I was a single dad.
- I have been fired from jobs I liked
- I lost both my parents, lost my source of income, had a major surgery and had a son born in the ICU all within 6 months of each other.
On the flip side of that I have built over 20 projects, business, raised 10 million in capital, helped hundreds of people overcome adversity, I am an author, renegade, lover and happy with who I am.
This is my story. Unfiltered. Unadulterated and OWED.
Today’s lesson – Own your story. Don’t be ashamed of who you are.
Kolby is The Healthy Primate