If you have followed our site you have seen the Juicing with Noah series where my son and I attempt to add things to the juicer for a healthy snack. Sometimes it is a success, other times it is direct contact sport of flying foods! This week we were forwarded a great article from Hello Natural on prepping one months worth of smoothies in 1 hour. One of my all time favorite smoothies is the Green Smoothie blends. They contain so many essential vitamins and minerals and most the time taste amazing.
WHAT IS A GREEN SMOOTHIE?
Let’s start with the basic makeup of a green smoothie. First, it doesn’t have to look green! A good green smoothie is built on several things – leafy greens, fruit (sometimes veggies too), liquid and other nutritional add-ins. Typically a green smoothie is 40% greens and 60% fruit, liquid and other add-ins. You can play with that until it feels right for your tastes.
- Leafy greens: Chard, spinach, kale and collards, bok choy, romaine and other sweet lettuces
- Fruit: Berries, pineapple, mango, citrus, avocado, pear, apple, banana, melon, dates, etc.
- Veggies: Cucumber, celery, fennel, tomatoes, carrots, beets, pumpkin or butternut puree
- Liquids: Water, coconut water, milk, non-dairy milks (coconut, soy, oat, nuts), juice, tea, fermented and cultured beverages (kefir, kombucha, buttermilk, whey, etc )
- Nutritional add-ins: Chia seeds, flax seeds, acai powder, green superfood powders (acai, maca, spirulina, wheat grass, etc.), protein powder, cocoa powder, spices, hemp seeds, whole nuts, oats, etc.
HOW TO MAKE A GREEN SMOOTHIE SYSTEM
Source: Hello Natural
The final step in this process is to simply DO IT! Head on over to The Hello Natural website for other amazing juice and food recipes.
Cheers and happy juicing!
The Healthy Primate